11 Mar Be a summer intern with SFLI!
Apply to be a summer intern for Students for Life of Illinois, one of the largest and most effective pro-life organizations serving college campuses!
Work alongside SFLI’s Director of the Campus Mentor Program, Pamela Suresca, and Manager of Operations and Events, Morgan McFarlin, to build up the pro-life movement! Internships with SFLI provide college students the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the pro-life movement at the grassroots level.
This internship provides both operational and experiential learning.
If accepted, you will have the opportunity to work hands-on in pro-life campus ministry, as well as develop skills in project management, events, and outreach. Through this internship, you will work one-on-one with the SFLI team in honing leadership skills necessary to serve your campus.
Some projects you will work on include:
- Develop a network of Central Illinois pregnancy resources
- Assist in planning and execution of summer events
- Cultivate connections with pro-life leaders across Illinois
- Research educational resources (legal, biology, etc.)
The ideal SFLI interns are:
- passionate about building a Culture of Life on college campuses
- willing to learn and grow
- self-motivated and proactive
- interested in developing the most effective pro-life resources for college campuses
- Additional skills: organized, takes initiative, & strong independent worker
Location: Champaign, IL
- Hours: Monday – Thursday from 9am – 5pm
- Start Date: June 1, 2016 (can be flexible with start date, dependent upon school schedule)
- End Date: August 10, 2016
- Note: no more than 6 vacation days will be permitted
- SFLI Summer Event, date TBD
- SFLI Leadership Retreat, August 5-7, 2016
- Housing with 2 meals per day M-F
- End-of-Summer stipend upon completion of projects
Deadline: April 1, 2016
Submission: To apply, submit the following as one .pdf attachment to [email protected]:
- Page 1: Cover Letter
- Page 2: Resumé
- Page 3: References
- Include the names, emails and phone numbers for 2 references (1 professional & 1 personal). Indicate which is a professional reference and which is a personal reference. Include job title for each professional reference and how you know the personal reference.
- References may not be SFLI staff, past or present
- Page 4: In one page or less, explain why you wish to be an SFLI intern and how your experience would aid you in your leadership development and campus impact. Please explain why you think that you should be selected as an an intern this summer.
- Page 5: In one page or less, write an essay on the importance of one of the SFLI virtues (Humility, Empathy, Willingness to grow and sacrifice, and Vision-Driven). Be sure to include why it is important for the future of the pro-life movement and a personal story that demonstrates your understanding of this virtue.
Please direct any questions to [email protected]