25 Feb SFLI is Hiring!
SFLI continues to lead in transforming students into lifelong pro-life leaders through the Campus Mentor Program.
I’m thrilled to announce that SFLI is now accepting applications for a Chicago Campus Mentor position!
Description: In this role, you will be a pro-life missionary on 2 college campuses in Chicago.
A Campus Mentor trains students in leadership skills, virtues, and education on right to life issues resulting in lifelong leaders that save lives.
At times, the role involves starting a new pro-life group on a campus or building from one that exists.
The ideal candidate for this job is…
- Passionate about SFLI’s vision, mission, and symbol (the yellow umbrella)
- Skilled and virtuous leader
- Strong interpersonal skills (including relationship building and community building)
- Willing to learn and implement SFLI’s proven methods
- Additional skills: organized, takes initiative, strong independent worker, proactive, & mature
Schedule: This is not a 9-5 job. You will work on a college schedule and be present when student events are happening (often on nights and weekends). Responsibilities are centered around building relationships with students; it is not a desk job. Your schedule is determined at the start of each academic session in conjunction with student meetings.
Location: Chicago, IL
Note: Every campus mentor is required to live near the campus(es) he/she is mentoring, not exceeding a 25 minute commute.
Salary: This is a full-time position (salary range: $30,000-$35,000).
Fundraising: Every SFLI team member Support Raises as a pro-life missionary. Support Raising involves reaching out to people you know to partner with you in furthering SFLI’s mission.
Through SFLI’s training, every team member has succeeded in Support Raising.
Support Raising Phases:
- Year 1: SFLI provides a salary and training for 3 months while you raise your salary as long as you meet minimum fundraising amounts.
- Year 2: Raise salary, taxes & fees, and fundraising expenses
- Year 3: Raise salary, taxes & fees, fundraising expenses, and campus mentor expenses
The phases are clearly defined in further detail in SFLI’s policies. Fundraising is an integral part of having the honor of serving as a pro-life missionary. Additionally, it is an important skill that impacts one’s ability to mentor.
Start Date: May 16th, 2016 (can be flexible on start date, but must attend the required attendance events below)
- Support Raising Solutions Bootcamp, April 18-19, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (SFLI provides expenses)
- SFLI Staff Retreat May 16-19, 2016
Deadline: March 13th, 2016
Submission: To apply, submit the following as one .pdf attachment to [email protected]:
- Page 1: Cover Letter
- Page 2: Resumé
- Page 3: References
- Include the names, emails and phone numbers for 3 references (2 professional & 1 personal). Indicate which is a professional reference and which is a personal reference. Include job title for each professional reference and how you know the personal reference.
- Page 4: In one page or less, write an essay on the importance of one of the SFLI leadership skills (composure, how to motivate others, or quality decision making). Be sure to include why it is important for the future of the pro-life movement and a personal story that demonstrates your proficiency in that skill.
- Page 5: In one page or less, write an essay on the importance of one of the SFLI virtues (Humility, Empathy, Willingness to grow and sacrifice, and Vision-Driven). Be sure to include why it is important for the future of the pro-life movement and a personal story that demonstrates your understanding of this virtue.
- Phone Interview
- In Person Interview
- On site Interview
Questions: Please direct any question to [email protected].