09 Sep We’re hiring! Director of Marketing and Communications
Applications are no longer being accepted for the Director of Marketing and Communications. If you have questions, or would like to be considered for future positions, email [email protected]
Plan, develop, and implement weDignify’s marketing and communications strategies, in line with the Strategic priorities, to move students, supporters, and more to further weDignify’s mission.
The role creates and maintains a broadscale relationship with the public that is reflective of weDignify’s transformative individual relationships. This position bridges the relationship between students, supporters, and the pro-life movement. Successful communication moves people to not just to be pro-life, but to live it. To do so, this role creates engaging and educational communication that moves people to effective and life affirming actions.
Core Job Functions
- Ensures clear, consistent, and effective articulation of weDignify’s mission, vision, and brand.
- Designs, implements, and measures the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that advances weDignify’s strategic priorities to further both mission and development systems and thereby furthering weDignify’s programs and position with students and in the Midwest.
- Upcoming projects include connecting pro-lifers across the Midwest through the March for Life Chicago and through an effective system, increase the outreach to students in crisis pregnancies with the message of life.
- Creates marketing automation systems to advance the marketing and communications strategy
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Serves on and contributes to the Executive team (with 3 others) to further the Strategic Plan
- Manages a team of contractors and volunteers for content production on certain projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs marketing, recruitment, and relationship-development functions through either the creation of or project management of digital and print content
- Manages of social media accounts (including educational content and event promotion), website, and email communications aligned with the Marketing and Communications strategy.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Knowledge of marketing and communications metrics
- Experience in creating and successfully implementing marketing strategies, especially with identifying target audiences and devising campaigns to engage, inform, and motivate
- Experience in scaling a marketing and communications program
- Experience in not-for profit, mission driven institutions
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
This list may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those associated with the position.
- Highly creative and strategic
- Successfully engages people at many levels (i.e. co-workers, supporters, key strategic partners)
- Independent worker who enjoys creating and executing strategies that produces results
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects under deadlines
- Strong analytical and decision making skills from an evidence based results process
- Proficiency in online communication (website, social media, email) and print communications
- Preferred: familiarity with a 1 on 1 mentoring and small group educational models
- Start Date: October 2020
- Position: Full Time
- Location: Champaign, IL, Chicago, IL or can consider remote
- Schedule: Flexible within a structure (more focused on project completion than rigid hours)
- Pay and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Candidates must be motivated by pro-life passion that is fully aligned with weDignify’s vision, mission, values, beliefs, and core distinctives.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: September 21, 2020 at 9:00am central